The Tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.
Here’s what we discussed this time.
The biggest deal of the week: Monzo, the UK-based fintech company, is now a unicorn. The company has raised £85 million and now boasts more than a million users.
The UK plans to introduce what it calls a “digital services” tax that will target tech giants
- UK chancellor announces 2% ‘digital services tax’ on tech giants’ revenues starting in April 2020
- Hammond’s digital tax faces opposition from big tech firms
- US attacks UK plan for digital services tax on tech giants
Lessons learned from the story of Click & Grow, and the rise of indoor smart gardens
- Estonian-founded “smart garden” startup Click & Grow raises $11 million from an IKEA stores operator and other investors
- Q&A with Mattias Lepp, founder and CEO of Click & Grow
- I Tried the Click and Grow Herb Garden — Here’s How It Went
- I grew basil and lettuce using this indoor smart garden — and the process was truly effortless
Events coming up soon:
- Govtech Summit in Paris; November 12
- Techstars Startup Weeks around Europe; November
- Global Entrepreneurship Week around the world; November
- Investors Day & BETAPITCH Global 2018 in Berlin; November 15
Did we miss something? Let us know by filling out the event submission form.
Our reading recommendations:
- Matthew Hughes on TNW: “Influencer marketing is bullshit”
- Diablo Immortal Reveal with Chat Reaction — Blizzcon 2018 Opening Ceremony