The Tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.
Here’s what we discussed this time.
The biggest deal of the week: Truphone, a UK-based eSIM mobile carrier that works with Apple, raised $71 million. The company is now valued at $507 million. We also tracked several eight-figure rounds in Spain, Sweden, Denmark, France, Germany, and the Netherlands. If you are interested in staying in the know about all the deals — check out the Tech.eu Insider newsletter!
Google will soon start charging smartphone makers for Google Play Store in Europe
- Google app suite costs as much as $40 per phone under new EU Android deal
- Google to charge smartphone makers for Google Play in Europe
“Davos in the desert” and Saudi money in European tech
- Where Saudi Arabia is investing in tech
- Tech reckons with Saudi cash after journalist’s brutal murder
- Assessing Saudi Arabia’s stake in Uber
- Term Sheet — Thursday, June 2
- Where SoftBank has invested its $100 billion Vision Fund
- £70bn Saudi-backed Softbank fund in talks with UK’s Oaknorth
- Business titans fight shy of Saudi’s trillion-dollar charm offensive
- The meaning of the Vision Fund
- Women Startup Challenge Europe in Paris, France; October 25
- NOAH London Conference; October 30–31
- Edinburgh’s Startup Summit; on October 31
- Web Summit in Lisbon; November 5–8
- Govtech Summit in Paris; November 12
Did we miss something? Let us know by filling out the event submission form.
Our reading recommendations:
- The Aleph Report, “Politicians and regulations are about to end the startup world”
- Martin Bryant, “The language of technology” series
The post Tech.eu Podcast #92: Google and the European Commission; Saudi money in European tech; interviews with TravelPerk’s Gidi Pridor and Readdle’s Igor Zhadanov; and much more appeared first on Tech.eu.